2.4 Measure pane
The measure pane is used to display and edit metrical values of selected objects.
In the measure pane you can
- Click on an edit box to start editing a value
- Edit the floating point number to change the metrical value
- Enter numbers in scientific notation up to a maximum of
Return to accept the value while leaving the measure pane
Down Arrow or
Tab to accept the value while moving to the next
Up Arrow or
Shift-Tab to accept the value while moving to the previous
ESC to cancel the edit
- Translate objects by editing the x-translation and y-translation fields
- Rotate objects with a rotation attribute by editing the rotation and
rotation change fields.
- When selected objects have non-matching values, the edit box shows
−−", but a value can still be entered
- The measure pane uses the decimal-point character that has been set in system software
- When a measure pane value is applied, objects with a relevant lock are automatically
- For objects of type Line, length is the x-length and width the
y-length, unless the measure pane was customized not to display the line length box
- The Anchor pane determines which part of an object stays in place
when the width or length is changed
- The values for x-coordinate and y-coordinate are non-editable.
In translate, reshape and draw modes, snapped values are displayed (see snap)
- The values for perimeter and surface area are non-editable.
They display the sum perimeter and sum surface area of all objects in the selection.
- The perimeter and surface area of block inserts are calculated from
the length and width of the insert object, not from the objects in the block.
The measure pane can be customized with