2.2.5 Translate mode
Translate mode is a specialized object selection and translation mode,
available only by calling
CADSetMode. In this mode you can
- Click on a selected object’s outline, grip handle, center blip, fill or on a hatch line to
translate selected objects
- Click on a deselected object to select it
- Click on a deselected object to select and translate it
- Click on a deselected object with the command key to translate selected objects
- Click in empty space with the command key to translate selected objects
- Click on an object with the shift key to add it to the selection
- Click on an object with the shift key to add it to the selection and to translate
the new selection
- Click on selected object with the command key to remove it from the selection
- Click in empty space to deselect all objects
- Press the space bar to switch to Drag-scroll mode.
When translating, you can
- Choose as the target point for snaps the grip handle or center blip that is nearest
to the cursor
- Hold down the shift key to restrict the translation to a horizontal or vertical
- Hold down the option key to use fast drags
ESC to cancel the translation.
When you drag, you will notice that nothing happens until the cursor moves a few pixels.
This is called drag hesitation
and its purpose is to prevent unintentional drags caused by object selection.
Drags can be customized with